Applied Behavior Analysis | Louisville | Lexington | Florence | Owensboro, Kentucky | New Albany, IN
What Is Applied Behavior Analysis?
This therapeutic approach focuses on the principles that explain how learning takes place.
Positive reinforcement is one such principle. When behavior is followed by individualized rewards it is more likely to be repeated in the future. ABA therapy utilizes intensive teaching methods that produce meaningful changes in student performance, non-social and social behavior.
This therapeutic approach uses scientifically valid treatments to gain significant changes in behavior for the individual. Understanding the therapeutic concepts behind ABA includes six key components.
- ABA is guided by the attitudes and methods of scientific inquiry
- All procedures are described and implemented in a systematic, technological manner
- Not all means of changing behavior qualify as ABA; only those derived from the basic principles of behavior
- Focus on socially significant behavior
- Meaningful improvement in important behavior
- Analyze the factors responsible for improvement
Here is a more detailed description of ABA from Dr. Christina Low Kapalu from The Children’s Mercy Kansas City.
Submit the contact form today and we’ll get in touch with you!